Register
Forum Home Site Home Search FAQ Articles Divorce Single Life Stories Meeting People Online Videos About Us
Upcoming Events

Upcoming FREE Dating Seminars

To Be Determined

You Are Not Registered Or Not Logged In
If you are not registered or logged in, you may still view these forums but with limited features. You can register by clicking here. If you have any questions, please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).

Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: softsoap Subject: Want to be more than friends...
LBJM

posted on 03-16-2012 at 12:42 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Want to be more than friends...

I am divorced for over two years now. I recently reconnected with a friend whom I have known for over 20 years. He's a wonderful man, great father and just a beautiful person. We have a mutual respect and understanding of one another. He had spoken a few times and he asked me to go out on a date with him. Friday night came and we had an amazing time!!! We talked, we danced, we kissed, we hugged, we laughed, we talked to other people separately and together. We could not believe how easy it was to be together. That night we slept together and it was great... no pressure, comfortable, fun... He's a great person! He ended up confessing that he had such a huge crush on me when we were younger, which was adorable!!! He told me about a conversation he had had earlier in the week with his cousin. His cousin asked what was going on with us and he said, he didn't know... nothing was happening right now, but if something did happen that would be cool. If nothing happened that would be cool too bc we just adore each other so much! And I agreed. I stayed the night and had to leave early to get my kids. The next day he called me when he woke up and then we had a few cutsie text messages back and forth.

Anyway, he is such a great guy and I'm happy to have him in my life either way. However, I am very interested so it does put different spin on things. I want to show him that I am interested without seeming too much or overwhelming. A friend of mine told me to let him do the chasing. While I agree with that I don't see why it's wrong to show interest... how would he know. At the same time, I feel like he's not reaching out to me at much as I would like for him to.

2 days after our last encounter I sent him a cute text message while he was at work to call me when he was on a break bc I wanted to hear his voice. He works at night, so our conversations usually occur then. Unfortunately, he was busier than normal so I was dead asleep by the time he called. He told me to just call him in the morning. After taking the kids to school I finally called, but then he was sleeping! LOL! He texted me when he got up and we did that for a little while.

He hasn't asked me when we're going to see each other again, so I'm assuming he doesn't want to, but how would I know if I didn't ask? I happen to be kid free this Saturday, which is a rarity, bc a prior engagement was cancelled. I was thinking about asking him out. Is that too much? Am I being too much? with our schedules... kids and his job, we'll never see each other, so when the opportunity arises I'd like to see him.

What do you think? I've been out of the loop for over 10 years so I could use some advice.

Thanks!
LBJM
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By LBJM (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
Chris_23

posted on 04-23-2013 at 12:47 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
go for it

I am not an expert in the his area by any means, but in my experience, I have seen way too many people give up solid, quality relationships because they were too scared to mess things up or go too fast.

If things are meant to be with him, he will be happy that you are asking him out and showing interest. By showing that you are interested, he may realize more feelings for you than he originally thought were there.

I ahve experienced a lot of friends miss out on good relationships because of hesitating too long to share how they felt, so dont make the same mistake!
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By Chris_23 (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
Andro

posted on 11-18-2016 at 05:50 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
bad experience

I do not believe in love between friends, I have a bad experience(((
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By Andro (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
softsoap

posted on 08-18-2020 at 15:34 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Talk to your man

I think you're putting too much thought into it and not enough communication. Just tell the fella how you feel. You don't need to be overwhelming, just talk about the changes in your relationship.

Really, maybe you don't want to know how he feels because you're afraid it won't be the same as how you feel. But you'll never know unless you talk to him.

Give him the benefit of the doubt and bring it up. It may be the thing you do that starts a long, loving relationship.

Good luck.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By softsoap (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites

Processed in 2.213 seconds, 11 queries

get over her reserves the right to block, delete, or edit any and all posts. The Moderator has sole discretion on the content of this site. Anyone who posts accepts these terms, and waives any and all rights to bring any legal action against get over her. If you disapprove of any of the above, do not use, read, or post in get over her